Ferndale Market Products FAQ
Ferndale Market Products FAQ
The following products contain dairy:
- Uncured Pepperjack Turkey Snack Sticks
- Uncured Smoked Turkey Rachael Brat
- Spinach Feta Sausage
All of our turkey products are gluten free.
Our fresh Thanksgiving turkeys have never been frozen, but we keep them at a “deep chill” temperature (right at 32° F) so that they stay fresh for your holiday meal. Because of this, a small ice shell may form, but it will disappear quickly once you put it in your home fridge.
“Uncured” is a USDA-regulated term that means no artificial nitrates or nitrites were used. We use ingredients like celery powder to naturally cure our smoked products.
We recommend caution when stuffing your holiday turkey. The density of the stuffing can cause the inside of the turkey to remain under-cooked while the outside becomes overdone and dries out. We suggest using the flavorful drippings from your cooked bird to season your stuffing before cooking it in a separate pan.
For tips and advice on carving a turkey, visit our page on Cooking Turkey.
Fresh turkeys tend to cook faster than frozen turkeys. Make sure to keep an eye on the bird’s internal temperature so as to not overcook.
Yes, the hock lock is oven safe.
Our smoked products are fully cooked so preparing them is quick and easy! Here are two great heating methods for heating up large items, like our whole smoked turkey:
Using your crockpot:
- Place your crockpot on LOW and cover the bottom with water or broth.
- Carve your smoked turkey and place the pieces into the crockpot.
- Apply the lid and cook until warmed throughout (around 45 minutes).
Using your stove:
- Fill the bottom of a broiler tray with water and place the broiler rack on top.
- Place your smoked turkey on the broiler try rack and tent securely with tin foil.
- Place the trayed smoked turkey in the middle of a 350° F oven and cook for about 1.5 – 2 hours (or until a meat thermometer reaches about 140° F in the center of the breast).
- Remove the turkey and carve for serving.
Our turkey locator will help you find our turkey products near you. If you would like your local retailer to carry a specific Ferndale Market product, please request it at their meat department. Thank you for sourcing our turkey!
We offer a variety of food service and bulk turkey options to stores, restaurants, schools, corporate dining, and further processing. Learn more about purchasing wholesale turkey products and feel free to contact us to explore how we can fit your needs. Our bulk turkey products are available by the case to retail customers year-round at our on-farm store in Cannon Falls, MN.
We have turkeys starting at 10 pounds all the way up to 24 pounds! If you are picking up your turkey at one of our retail partners, please call ahead to see what size ranges they will have available. If you are preordering your turkey for pickup at our market, turkeys can be preordered in 2 pound increment ranges from 10-24 so you can get the perfect turkey for your celebration.